List of articles
- UK Furlough January 2021: what you need to know.
- What we are learning about work and cancer during Covid 19
- Cancer and lockdown: How it’s affecting us all
- Top tips for working at home with children
- Top Tips for working at home
- Returning to work: Government and legal guidelines
- How HR can support an organisation when it’s leader is absent.
- Can Returning to Work Have Therapeutic Benefits for Cancer Survivors?
- Working With Cancer: The Past, Present and Hopes for the Future
- Combating Cancer feature in The Times 16th October 2019
- Five common misconceptions about Cancer at work
- Changing the Conversation around Work and Cancer
- Lieve Wierinck MEP discusses ‘Transforming Breast Cancer Together’ with Barbara Wilson
- Barbara Wilson interview in HRD Connect – Working with Cancer
- Woman & Home Magazine – an interview with Barbara Wilson
- Life after Cancer
- Cancer at Work: An Interview with Barbara Wilson
- Working together towards recovery
- An MP’s experience and advice about working with cancer: Jo Churchill
- The stories the newspapers don’t cover
- There’s no such thing as the ‘usual’ approach to cancer
- A conversation with Barbara Wilson
- Working with Cancer – Challenges for Employees and Employers
People who have/have had cancer
Working with advanced cancer
- Working with cancer and starting a business
- New article from guest writer, Harmer Parr: The Melvyn Files
- Understanding the invisible by Lynne, a 45 year old working mum…..
- Managing cancer, life and work: Lisa’s experience – a case study for the ABC Global Alliance
- How humour can help put cancer in its place. One person’s antidote
Returning to Work
- Return to work
- Back to Work in post-treatment ‘Limbo’ – a blog from our new Ambassador, Stephen Bevan
- Finding my new ‘normal’: A journey of self-discovery
- Returning to work and making changes
- WWC partners with Teenage Cancer Trust to help young people manage work after cancer
- How I Managed My Work and Cancer: A Personal Perspective
- Here I am, three months back to work ….
- The countdown to my return to work
- Rights at work for employees with cancer: a guide to what you need to know
- After Treatment Ends – 10 Things I Have Learned by Jo Larbie
- Returning to work after cancer: seven steps to success
- After returning to work: Keep talking and adjusting if necessary
- Before returning to work: Plan for a gradual return but be flexible
- Should I work during cancer?
- Early Days: Dealing with Your Cancer Diagnosis and Work
Coping with Side Effects
Looking for Work
- Cancer, work and Covid 19: Line managers and HR play a critical role. By Barbara Wilson
- Helping to rebuild and reshape the working lives of those affected by cancer. By Barbara Wilson.
- Going back to work as lockdown relaxes
- One Employer’s approach to lockdown
- Do your HR policies and processes support employees with cancer?
- What is ‘Chemo brain’ – and how can you support an employee who is affected by it?
- When a colleague has cancer it can impact the whole team. Here are some ways to support them throughout the process
- The importance of good communication when supporting an employee with cancer
- Top tips on how to support a colleague during and after cancer treatment
- Managing the performance of people affected by cancer
- Is your long-term sickness policy fit for work and cancer?
- Managing someone coping with the long term side effects of cancer
- Why is managing cancer at work different? Because it’s cancer.
- What does the Equality Act mean for Employers?
- Preparing line managers to talk with staff affected by cancer
- Protecting a Returning Employee from the Expectations of their Colleagues
- Supporting a successful return to work after cancer
- What should employers consider when appraising an employee affected by cancer, including carers?
- Workplace Well-being: how it can include cancer
- Comparing The Issues For Employers In Supporting Employees After Cancer And With Mental Health Issues
- Work after cancer: what are the options and how can employers help?
- What is the hidden impact of cancer? And what support can employers offer?
- Supporting Those Affected By Cancer To Return To Work
- Why are men less open about their health issues and how can employers better support male employees affected by cancer?
- How can I embed a workplace policy on managing people with cancer and other long term conditions in my organisation?
- What should an employer consider when making reasonable adjustments for an employee with cancer?
- How can a manager support a team feeling under pressure while covering someone’s absence due to cancer?